We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. if we ever ask you to supply information in which you can be identified, rest assured that it will only be used within the protocols of this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this page in the future to ensure that any changes live to your expectations. This policy is effective from 1st June 2016.
Info we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and/or job title
- Contact information (including email address, postcodes, telephone numbers)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we manage information
We require this information to provide you with a good service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To expedite and improve our services
- We never send promotional emails about products, special offers or other information
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and store either online or in our database.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies on sites we build to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website however.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and can contact us to let us know
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
Cookies used on our sites
|Cookie – Universal Analytics||What we use them for|
|_ga||This is used by Analytics to calculate visitors, session, campaign data, etc… Expiration time is set to 2 years and it reset each time when visitor hits a page. No personal information or data is stored|
|_gat||Described by Google as “Used to throttle request rate”(no more information is available about this cookie). Expires in 10 mins|
How to manage cookies
Our cookies do not store financial information, or information which is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). Cookies simply allow our website to retrieve this information in order to personalise and improve your experience of our website.
However, if you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies provided by our site – or any other website – you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences, or use the following on your particular browser.
- Click on the ‘burger menu’ icon (three horizontal lines, one above each other), within Firefox – this is located to the right of the address bar
- Select Preferences
- Select the Privacy panel from within the pop up
- From the History section, change the “Firefox will” drop down select and “Use custom settings for history
- ”Un-check “Accept cookies from sites”
- Click OK
- Click on the ‘burger menu’ icon (three horizontal lines, one above each other), within Chrome – this is located to the right of the address bar
- Select “Settings”Client on the “Show advanced settings” link to unveil the additional settings
- Click “Content Settings” in the “Privacy” section
- A pop up will appear, and under the “Cookies” section select “Block sites from setting any data”
- Click the gear-wheel icon in the top right corner of the browser
- Click Internet Options
- Navigate to the Privacy Tab
- Set the slider to “High” or above
- Click OK to confirm
- Go to Safari Preferences (Cmd ,)
- Click the “Privacy” icon
- Choose “Cookies and website data” as “Always block”
- Close window
Please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website and others cannot be provided to you.
Third Party Cookies
|Third-party cookies||What their cookies are used for|
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.